The Director of Marketing & Communications is responsible for leading and managing the organization’s external and internal marketing strategy and communications activities. The ideal candidate will have outstanding academic and customer service credentials, the ability to work directly with clients and investors and an excellent attitude and aptitude for learning and understanding new and complex concepts and practices. This position will provide leadership to the organization as it implements a program of work which will include business development activities, targeted marketing campaigns and other business recruitment initiatives designed to connect the organization with companies interested in a strategic location in Transylvania County, NC.
- Develop and implement an effective marketing and business development program capable of connecting with relevant target sectors, company stakeholders and real estate professionals
- Respond to Requests for Information (RFI) for relocation and expansion projects
- Assist with prospect visits to Transylvania County, NC
- Build relationships with real estate professionals and property owners to collect necessary information to maintain an online inventory of available sites and buildings
- Develop content to support web platforms, social media, press releases and newsletters
- Assist in the planning and implementation of special events and functions
- Participate in board and committee meetings
Knowledge and/or Experience:
A bachelor or master degree in marketing, business, communications, economic development, public administration, international relations or some combination of education and relevant work experience is preferred. A general understanding of local economic development principles and practices which should include knowledge and experience in business parameters, taxes/incentives, real estate, demographic and workforce data, sales and marketing best practices. Core competencies should include strong oral and written skills, strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking and problem solving, demonstrated success of working within a team and self-directed work. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute initiatives in a time sensitive environment is essential.
Dependent upon qualifications and experience.
If you are interested in becoming a part of the Transylvania Economic Alliance team please email a cover letter, resume, professional references and salary history in PDF format to the attention of Josh Hallingse, Executive Director at email@example.com.