The Director of Existing Business Services is responsible for implementing a Business Retention and Expansion Program (BR&E). The ideal candidate will have outstanding academic and customer service credentials and the ability to work directly with local business owners and key economic development allies. This position will provide leadership to the organization as it works to establish and build relationships with critical existing business stakeholders, improve the local business climate through one-on-one engagement with stakeholders and develop creative programming designed to identify and address issues impacting local businesses.
- Develop and implement a Business Retention and Expansion Program (BR&E)
- Lead expansion and retention projects with area businesses
- Coordinate the development of content to support web platforms, blog, social media, press releases and newsletters as it pertains to existing business successes and happenings
- Plan and implement quarterly existing business events tailored specifically to identifying and addressing issues as it pertains to owning and operating a business in Transylvania County
- Assist in the identification and execution of grant opportunities for existing businesses
- Participate in board and committee meetings
- Perform other duties as apparent or assigned
Knowledge and/or Experience:
Candidate must be well organized, motivated and self-directed. A bachelor or master degree in business, communications, public administration, economic development, or some combination of education and relevant work experience is preferred. A general understanding of local economic development principles and practices which should include knowledge and experience in business parameters, taxes/incentives, real estate and demographic and workforce data. Core competencies should include strong oral and written skills, strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking and problem solving and demonstrated success of working within a team. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute initiatives in a time sensitive environment is essential.
Dependent upon qualifications and experience.
If you are interested in becoming a part of the Transylvania Economic Alliance team please email a cover letter, resume, professional references and salary history in PDF format to the attention of Josh Hallingse, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.