Mountain Bizworks is now accepting applications for the fourth ScaleUp WNC cohort that will run from June through August. ScaleUp WNC provides mentorship, management training, growth capital connections and other critical resources to help companies achieve breakthrough growth and contribute to the small business-led economic development of western North Carolina.
This unique program is offered at no-cost thanks to funding from the U.S. Small Business Administration, however companies chosen are expected to make a firm commitment of time to participate in the program. The fourth cohort will begin in June and run through August.
An ideal ScaleUp WNC applicant looks like:
• For-profit company based in WNC
• In business for at least two years
• Annual revenues between $150,000 and $750,000
• At least one full-time employee (can include founder/owner positions)
• Has strong growth opportunities
• And we strongly encourage applications from rural-based businesses and woman-owned, minority-owned and veteran-owned companies
Covenant Health Products and Pisgah Pest Control in Transylvania County were selected for past cohorts along with other participants from the Mountain BizWorks 23-county region in industries ranging in food, breweries, retail, technology, design and creative services.
The deadline to apply is April 17, 2016. For more information and to apply, visit ScaleUPWNC website.